In a nutshell, a Yoni Steam is like a facial steam but for your vagina.
This ancient practice involves sitting over a pot of herb infused warm water and allowing the steam to tone, soften and rejuvenate both the interior and exterior realms. Yoni steaming is a simple traditional remedy that we, modern day women, can call upon to naturally treat the root causes of the challenges associated with the menstrual cycle.
Yoni Steams are known to:
- Reduce period pain significantly.
- Address pre and post-menstrual spotting.
- Regulate irregular or absent menstrual cycles.
- Improve fertility.
- Increase circulation and blood flow.
- Speed healing and tone the reproductive system after childbirth.
- Cleanse the uterine lining of old blood.
- Treat uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, uterine weakness, uterine prolapse & endometriosis.
- Improve period bleeding that is brown or black in colour.
- Relieve symptoms of menopause including hot flashes and vaginal dryness.
How to do it:
Turn on some calming music, burn some copal, palo santo, or incense, and grab a book -plus anything else you’d like to add to make your experience enjoyable.
Ideally, you have a steaming stool (available on etsy, amazon, etc.)
Alternatively, an incredibly clean toilet will do or a place where you can squat over the herbs without burning yourself. *be very cautious not to touch the pot with your body.
It’s often best to steep the herbs on the stove in 1 pot and then transfer them to another (cooled pot) for steaming.
- Start by boiling about 3 quarts of filtered water. Once boiling, add 1 cup of dried herbs, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat & let the mixture cool for 5 minutes. From there, you can transfer the herbs to a cool pot, place below your steam stool (or your super clean toilet) and get undressed from the waist down.
- Sit on your stool or toilet over the steam for 15-30 minutes. The steam should not feel too hot or aggressive. If it does, wait another 5 minutes & then try again. Use a towel to cover yourself and lock the steam in. Use this time for meditation, reading, or whatever feels right.
- When finished, discard the water and herbs in the garden or add them to your compost.
Ingredients: Motherwort, Chamomile, Rose, Calendula, Nettle, Yarrow. *Each steam blend is Reiki infused as well*
DO NOT TRY A YONI STEAM IF YOU:
- are pregnant or there is a chance that you’re pregnant
- are menstruating
- have any sort of infection
- have an intrauterine device (IUD)
- have any open cuts, wounds, stitches and or sores
- have any chronic reproductive condition
8oz Glass Jar